Monday, August 1, 2011

SQL Server Denali: CTP3 Insallation Error "The Data is invalid"

After donwloding SQL Server Denali from here, I thought, it will take only few mintues to install but unfortunatly it took 3 hours. I tried every thing but every time error was same “Data is invalid”


To install SQL Server Denali CTP 3 (at 32bit machine) you must have
  1. Integrated_CT2776682.exe
  2. SQLFULL_x86_ENU_Core.box
  3. SQLFULL_x86_ENU_Install
  4. SQLFULL_x86_ENU_Lang.box
For x64 name of files is same, just replace x86 with x64.

I found that “Data is invalid” error occurs when you have not downloaded “SQLFULL_x86_ENU_Core.box” properly. So I you are also facing same error, repeat your download process for only “SQLFULL_x86_ENU_Core.box” and re-execute SQLFULL_x86_ENU_Install.exe.

2 comments:

  1. I am geeting this for 2012 RTM. Tried your suggestion and even tried downloading all the files again. Something else I might be missing you can recommend? Thanks

    ReplyDelete

All suggestions are welcome